Saturday, August 07, 2010

Manchester's Aylesburys 1 and 2

Manchester, not a place I have ever been to much, mainly as it is four hours drive from Aylesbury and that’s a long way to go in a day, its an even longer way to go there and back in a day, unless you have a very good reason. Well I had a good reason, my thesis into radiator positioning and heating efficiency is really a non starter unless I can get some financial aid from various people and one of them lives in Manchester, so that’s where I headed.Lots of exciting chat, lots of ideas exchanged. We shook on a deal. All good, headed off to my first Aylesbury of the day near the Trafford Centre, a nice area, presumably ideal for shopping. One of the great things about Manchester is the motorway ring road, which when not blocked, one can traverse the city at speed.So the 1st Manchester Aylesbury complete, I realised I had left my laptop at the company and so sheepishly drove all the way back to fetch it, hoping I didn’t look too much like an idiot.
This meant that my trip took a little longer than expected and so I only managed one other Aylesbury that day. Drove back to Aylesbury and had a lovely curry with some mates.

No comments: